Calling all Washington State Gifted Families: Come make new friends while attending a conference designed JUST FOR YOU!
The Northwest Gifted Child Association (NWGCA) is the oldest and largest Washington State Gifted Parent Advocacy Group that exists to bring gifted families together for support and education. The NWGCA’s annual Connections Conference 2014 on March 8 in Seattle will answer some questions you have and some you may not even know you had. Gifted families are encouraged to attend and learn about what makes them different and allow them to meet other families like themselves who may face some of the same challenges.
- Learn from experts about gifted characteristics & needs
- Gain specific parenting advice for the gifted population
- Collect resource information on where to get help
- Learn the Washington State laws regarding gifted education
- Facilitated discussions with other parents over lunch (bring your own bag lunch)
Keynote by Dr. Jann Leppien, Ph.D., Whitworth University, Center for Gifted Education
New this year! Spy Camp for Kids’ track for ages 5-12 will provide a full day of activities including code cracking, escape and stealth skills, and a chance to design and create gadgets.
March 8: 9am-4pm
John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence
2445 3rd Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134
Discount registration by February 9, 2014
Adult: $60, Partner: $5, Family of 4: $105
After February 9
Adult: $65, Partner: $5, Family of 4: $130
Giftedness is a family affair: you are not alone.