November (and a few December) Events for Active Minds
We are so fortunate to live in a community that offers individuals and families so many opportunities to learn and grow. Find something interesting and get out there!
- TONIGHT! Wednesday, November 5, 6:00 at Terrace Park School—What Parents Need to Know About Smart Kids Austina DeBonte of Northwest Gifted Child Association
- Wednesday, November 5, 12,19 7:00pm–3-part Parenting Group at Seattle Psychology / Parenting Your Anxious (Sensitive) Child offered by Lynette Pullmann, PhD (206-569-5368) and Molly Reid, PhD, ABBP (206-368-8536)
- Thursday, November 6, 4:30pm–Online Seminar: Building Resilience in Gifted Children / Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
- November 7-9–Life Sciences Research Weekend / Pacific Science Center
- November 8, 9:00am–Green Seattle Day: environmental restoration and an Ethiopian lunch buffet. / Rainier Beach Community Center
- November13- December 21–Dick Whittington and His Cat / Seattle Children’s Theater
- November 14, 5:00pm–Turn it Up Kids Poetry Slam / Town Hall Seattle
- November 14 deadline to submit–Middle School Science Bowl / Regional science bowl championship teams receive an expenses-paid trip to compete at the national event. Competition is in Oregon in January. Deadline! Intent to Compete form must be submitted by November 14.
- Monday, November 17, 7:00pm–Understanding and Mastering Self-Control / Walter Mischel, Ph.D.
- Wednesday, November 19, 7:30pm–Environmental Perspectives: The Nature-Health Connection / Town Hall Seattle
- Friday, November 21, 6:30pm–GambiaHelp presents West Aftrica Live! / Town Hall Seattle
- November 21 deadline to submit–Challenge Referral Forms due for new students grades K-7, to test for 2015-16 entry. Deadline! November 21 is the last day referral forms will be accepted.
- Saturdays in December (12/7, 13, 20, 27), 1:00pm & 3:00pm–Museum of History and Industry’s Living Voices Performances brings a combination of archival film and solo performance dramatizing a different historical event each week.
If you know of similar opportunities that may be of interest to other families, feel free to send information along to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we list these activities as a service to our group. Challenge Parents Association does not endorse or receive sponsorship from any of the programs or organizations mentioned.